Web Interface to the Relational Registry
- This is...
- ...a search engine for services and other resources
in the Virtual Observatory (VO).
- The result lists...
- ...come with links to "capabilities" which let you use the service.
WEB capabilities are for your browser, whereas
TAP (database tables), SCS (simple access to tables of
astronomical catalogs), SIA (images of the sky), and
SSA (spectra) usually need
typically desktop programs.
- To use protocol capabilities...
- ...you can paste the URLs under the capability anchors
in the result lists to your favourite client. It's more
convenient, though, to transmit them via SAMP. Use the connect
button below the query results, and run a modern SAMP hub (TOPCAT's
is fine). Note that, in TOPCAT, you need to have the Cone Search window
open before you transmit SCS services, and likewise for
the other services.
- ...none of this will work. Sorry about this. However, it
is sufficient to grant the originating page execute privileges
page to work.